About

christina. tumblr. bloglovin.

04 October, 2014

pieces of journalism viii

(british garden by honeylucy)

  1. 40 Things To Remember When Fashion Gets Too Much:
    "Designers always admire their muse’s ‘attitude’ more than what the muse wears. So, actions speak louder than clothes, ultimately." & "If your parents like what you are wearing, you are clearly doing something wrong."

  2. Karley Sciortino for Vogue is a blessing:
    "It now seems ridiculous, but I will admit that, in the past, I’ve actually wondered if I was above heartache. I relished the idea that I might be vaguely sociopathic, because at 28, I had yet to feel deep loss or sadness in connection to a romantic relationship in the way that so many of my friends had."

  3. Whistles Inspiration. Especially her & her & her.

  4. Loving The Great British Bake Off right now. I think it's because there's actual carbs, butter & cream involved. Ruby Tandoh, one of last year's contestants (who also writes brilliantly for ELLE UK, see: Dinner Party Philosopher), did such a terrific write-up of one of the recent episodes, that if you haven't been watching so far, I sincerely hope this will convince you to run & not walk:
    "And the scandal did not disappoint. It was everything a romantic could have hoped for: an old country house, heartbreak, melodrama, futility and a tormented, bearded young man striding moodily through the English countryside. A nation wrung its hands in glee." (x)

  5. Going to see The 1975 next month & I cannot wait. This interview with Matt Healy, the band's frontman, is super dear to my heart:
    "I wasn’t a heroin addict – I never lost it to heroin – but I was a coke addict big-time. I was 18, I dabbled in everything. I wanted to be Jack Kerouac. I thought I was as decadent as all of that."
    Current favorite song. Especially once you read about the meaning behind the lyrics. Milk is up there right now, as well.

  6. Good girls don’t sweat.

  7. "The entire look was inspired by this moody teenager who heads to Blackpool for the weekend and plans on snogging boys at the bus shelter." (x)

  8. "Was it Tomas Maier’s sky blue sweatshirt and reworked leggings for spring—or the flyaway buns of his pretty model corps that gave it away? For his latest Bottega Veneta collection, the designer was channeling the idea of a dancer on her way to rehearsal—and, perhaps less directly, the real world phenomenon of hastily pinned-up gym hair. His runway girl wore a relaxed, après-sport bun with unfinished ends and a few flyaways around the face down the runway." (x)

  9. "Because that’s the thing about Sienna Miller: she’s irresistible and irrepressible – a party starter, a human firework. She’s fidgety and exuberant, coltish, gushy, tactile, generous with compliments and also larky and piss-takey. She’s vivacious, convivial, a joiner-in-er, one of the gang. Of course, she’s beautiful, too, disarmingly so: tawny, kittenish, slim, blonde, blue-eyed – a starlet in the classic mould. And she’s famously soignée, too."

"Sexual intercourse began 
 In nineteen sixty-three 
 (which was rather late for me) - 
 Between the end of the Chatterley ban 
 And the Beatles' first LP."
excerpt from Annus Mirabilis, by Philip Larkin (x)

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment